This episode seems more like a night at the Laugh Factory Comedy Club in Hollywood, not an interview with a cardiologist! Dr. Kahn’s blend of facts and humor had us in stitches on this episode of The Food Heals Podcast. Also known as, “America’s Holistic Heart Doc,” Dr. Kahn covered topics such as nutrition, longevity, sex, stress and as he put it, “how not to die!”
About Dr. Joel Kahn
Dr. Joel Kahn is a plant based cardiologist whose personal mission is to prevent 1 million heart attacks over the next two years. The 1 Million Heart Attacks Prevented Goal is embraced by the U.S. Department Health & Human Services and the Surgeon General. Dr. Kahn’s brand of cardiology combines the best of Western and complementary therapies for total healing. He is known as “America’s Holistic Heart Doc” and graduated Summa cum Laude from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Dr. Kahn has been practicing invasive, interventional and preventive cardiology in Detroit since 1990. He is a Clinical Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) at Wayne State University School of Medicine and Associate Professor of Medicine at Oakland University Beaumont School of Medicine. In 2013, Dr. Kahn received a certification from the University of South Florida in Metabolic Cardiology, and became the first physician to complete the program in the world. The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine has also certified Dr. Kahn in Metabolic Cardiology.
Over the past 25 years, Dr. Kahn has improved the lives and vitality of thousands of his patients taking many of them from chronic health to vibrant living. His devotion to patient care has earned him Top Honors and he has been nominated as a Top Doctor in Cardiology for many years straight. His passion for education and prevention is recognized by his patients and peer doctors alike. Reader’s Digest magazine selected Dr. Kahn for their Holistic Heart Doc column and their publishing arm published his book. The Whole Heart Solution, an Amazon #1 Top Selling book. His second book, Dead Execs Don’t Get Bonuses, was published in 2015 and is on the Bestseller List as well. Dr. Kahn medical views are published by the Huffington Post and Mind Body Green (combined circulation 50.1 million unique monthly visitors) and he is a frequent radio, TV and Podcast guest. Dr Kahn also appears regularly on Fox TV 2 in Detroit as a health commentator and a Member of the Yahoo Health Advisory Board.
Dr. Kahn’s Links
Our Favorite 3 Moments:
@ 15:30 What does Dr. Kahn eat?
@ 22:19 “I don’t wine… a lot?
@ 30:10 Vote for kindness with your fork
This episode is sponsored by:
Thrive Market – It’s a game changer for those trying to live a healthy life. It’s Costco meets Whole Foods at up to 50% off retail. Shipped naturally to your door for free! When you become a member, Thrive market will donate a membership to a teacher, military or low income family. We scored an exclusive discount with thrivemarket.com/FoodHeals and get a 3 month free membership and 15% off your first order.
Special Holiday Promotion
- Holiday Gift Bag
- No Tox Life – Affordable, organic skin care products with epic ingredients: coconut oil, mango butter, essential oils, and more. If you can’t pronounce it, they don’t use it!
- Global Healing Center – Non-toxic, organic skin care products and detox supplements. Their mission is to bring back good health, positive thinking, happiness, and love!
- Gorgeous For Good by Sophie Uliano. It’s fair to say that the beauty business is booming—as is the anti-aging industry. Each year, Americans spend more than $30 billion on cosmetics, and, globally, we spend about $260 billion on services and products to enhance our youth. Accompanying the decisions we make around our beauty comes the ever important question of whether to go fake or natural. Do we resort to the latest commercial chemical or surgical quick fix or go completely organic but possibly get less stunning results? Clean beauty guru and New York Times best-selling author of Gorgeously Green, Sophie Uliano offers a solution to this latest beauty dilemma and says you don’t have to choose, and when you look at her, you can tell she has more than a few good secrets.
- Will Travel for Vegan Food by Kristin Lajeunesse. In September 2011 Kristin Lajeunesse set out on a journey that would change her life forever. With the goal of dining at and writing about every single vegan restaurant in the United States, Kristin spent eighteen months living off of donations and out of a renovated sports van, driving up and down the entire country. After 48 states, 500+ restaurants, and 35,000+ miles Kristin shares her uplifting journey filled with risk, laughter, love, and heartbreak. Tear-jerker ALERT: there is one particular story about a teddy bear that will break your heart and put it back together again city after city.
- Natural Calm Raspberry Lemon by Natural Vitality
- The Candida Cure: The 90-Day Program to Beat Candida and Restore Vibrant Health by Ann Boroch. She provides an effective 90-day self-help treatment program for wellness that focuses on the important factor of clearing infection and inflammation in the body to achieve a renewed level of health.
- Healing Multiple Sclerosis: Diet, Detox and Nutritional Makeover for Total Recovery by Ann Boroch. She reveals her personal journey of reversing MS, the main factors that cause MS and other autoimmune diseases, and the solutions to turning those conditions around.
- 5 day Food Heals Vitality Cleanse If you’ve been feeling sluggish, depleted, or dissatisfied with your overall health, in most cases, your diet is the culprit. Unbeknownst to most Americans, the foods they ingest are rife with harmful additives. The Vitality Cleanse is here to reverse that. Through this nutritional overhaul, you can look better and enjoy stronger immunity, improved mood, and an infinite number of other benefits that go way beyond aesthetics. The Vitality Cleanse is the spark that will ignite your transformation. Cleansing is the process of purging your body of accumulated toxins while replenishing your body with essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. While the word “cleanse” may be intimidating to some, it actually describes the gateway to a profoundly healthier way of life that will revitalize you. By ridding your body of toxins and flushing it with nutrients, you will help your body return to homeostasis: perfect health!
Links from show:
- Dr. Joel Kahn’s website suggestions to help educate you
Follow the Food Heals Podcast on Twitter
Follow the Food Heals Podcast on Instagram
Like the Food Heals Podcast on Facebook
Subscribe to the Food Heals Podcast on iTunes
Being hailed as “Sex and the City for Food,” The Food Heals Podcast brings together experts in the field of nutrition, health and healing to teach you the best-kept natural secrets to being a hotter, healthier, happier YOU!
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy – two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues including the healing power of nutrition, living authentically, turning your passion into your career, choosing the best natural health and beauty products, the benefits of a plant-based diet and so much more!