Who better to have on our healthy travel round table than 3 queens of the plant-based movement?
- Whitney Lauritsen is a vegan entrepreneur and coach, on a mission to help conscious brands grow.
- Melissa Glazewski is a private vegan chef, founder of ForkinPlants, and the organizational wizard behind Food Heals.
- Erica Mandy is a journalist and founder of theNewsWorthy.
Add a little vegan wine by Varietal group to the mix, and it’s not long before we’re sharing all sorts of secrets!
Can you guess which travel story belongs to which guest?
- She went trekking in a remote part of Arizona – with only a compass and a map to guide her. Then she got lost…
- She was skydiving in Australia. The moment the parachute opened, she knew something was wrong…
- She traveled to Portland only to find she couldn’t poop for days…
- She got scammed the second she stepped off the plane, and nearly didn’t make it out of Mexico….
Moral of our stories? Traveling can be loads of fun, but is sure to be full of surprises! After collecting all of our combined wisdom (and crazy stories), here’s your first round of travel tips.
Travel Tip #1 – Protect Yourself From Scammers
Find out all the details of your trip so you don’t get taken advantage of. Wait for people to introduce themselves, ask them what hotel/car service they work for, and don’t give away your information.
Travel Tip #2 – Get Those Vegan Basics
Get a hotel with a fridge (not a mini-fridge!). Even if you don’t have a car, there might be a grocery delivery service like Instacart that can bring you everything you need for a small fee. When Alli was in Philadelphia for Podcast Movement, she got Instacart deliver organic vegan groceries. She stocked the fridge with tomatoes, hummus, avocado, Miyoko’s vegan cheese and grapes and would have people over for cheese and wine!
Travel Tip #3 – Take Your Vitamins On Holiday
An easy way to do this is to buy a travel pill dispenser. It’s a little circular travel pill holder that you can store all your various vitamins in a compact way that is great for packing. Vitamins Alli never leaves home without are B12, vitamin C, pro-biotics, melatonin, and oxypowder (which you can only get from the Global Healing Center (don’t forget the discount code is foodheals17).
Travel Tip #4 – CBD Should Be A Travel Mate
CBD combats anxiety while traveling, helps with jet lag and is a natural alternative to sleeping pills. Suzy has the best stuff – find it at CBD Fountain. Coupon Code Foodheals for 20% off.
Travel Tip #5 – Pack Your Greens
Did you know 92% of Americans have a vitamin deficiency? It’s important to boost your energy, cleanse your body and feel amazing any day, but even more so when you travel. Alli never leaves home without Organifi, the easiest way to eat your greens no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
When you wake up and drink a glass of Organifi Green Juice, you kick-start the body’s processes of daily detoxing, producing natural energy, and managing stress. It’s a great way to start the day with a smart choice.
So What Is Organifi? It’s a green juice powder infused with superfoods – Alli’s favorite is coconut and ashwagandha. Simply mix with water and boom!: you’ve got all the nutrients you need to jumpstart your energy, curb that jet lag and power through your day.
You can get 20% discount on your first order with the coupon code foodheals.
Travel Tip #6 – Choose Drinks Wisely
Whether you’re traveling business or pleasure, you’re probably going to engage in a few cocktails while you’re out of town. So Alli’s best advice is to choose organic biodynamic wines whenever possible. Our friends at Scout & Cellar know what’s up. If you want to sample the best vegan products hassle-free, then reach out to Varietal group – everything they promote is organic, biodynamic and vegan, free of sulfites and added sugar. And it’s female-owned. A great way to support women entrepreneurs.
Travel Tip #7 Increase You Vitamin C Dosage
This helps boost your immune system while traveling. It also helps with jet lag. Best of all, there’s no way to overdose on it!
Next time… we’ve got another guest joining the panel: vegan chef Leslie Durso. But you’ll have to wait until the next episode for her healthy travel tips!
What you’ll learn in Episode 250:
- How to check your wine is vegan (and why you need to!)
- Our secret truths revealed
- Who went trekking in Arizona and got lost in the dessert for hours?
- Who got scammed at the airport and nearly didn’t make it out of Mexico?
- Who couldn’t poop in Portland?
- Who went skydiving over Australia?
- A delicious remedy for constipation
- How to get vegan groceries on holiday, hassle-free
- One supplement that will tune out travel-anxiety
Our favorite moments:
@2:00 Back to the wine!
@9:23 Who’s the hip hop dancer?
@23:10 I love it when Melissa tells me stories
@32:46 Where horror movies happen
Available anywhere you listen to podcasts!
And so many more!
Join Varietal Group and be part of their amazing wine club.