Imagine being 26 years old and being told you have stage 3 colon cancer. Just before Christmas.
That’s what happened to Chris Wark. What began as intermittent abdominal pain was actually a tumor the size of a golf ball. He was rushed into surgery, but woke up to the news that the cancer had spread to his lymph nodes.
What option did doctors give him? Just chemotherapy – 9 to 12 months.
But poisoning himself back to health didn’t make sense to Chris. He wanted to build his body back up, not tear it down. He began researching alternatives. The books he read opened his eyes to the healing power of nutrition and how our diet impacts our health. Suddenly he realized that he’d created his cancer; so he could fix it. He immediately bought a juicer and went from a standard American diet to 100% vegan and 100% raw.
It wasn’t as easy to make that decision as it sounds. His oncologist told him he was insane to refuse chemo, that fruits and vegetables would “fight” the treatment, and that chemo was his only hope. He was even told he had a 50% chance of survival past the next 5 years if he went the path of nutrition instead of chemo.
Chris was crushed, and frightened.
Unfortunately, this is something that happens to almost all cancer patients. They are manipulated into believing that chemotherapy and cancer drugs are the only solutions. They’re told that diets make no difference. When Chris woke up from the surgery to remove his tumor, his first hospital meal was a sloppy joe – despite the fact red meat is classified as a “probable carcinogen” by the World Health Organization.
Patients are told their cancer is either bad luck or bad genes. This turns patients into victims of circumstance, whose only hope is to show up for “standard” treatment. But we know that cancer is multifactorial.
Only 5% of cancers are genetic – 95% are caused by diet, lifestyle and environment.
Cancer is not something that just happens, and it isn’t something we are powerless against. We have cancer cells in our bodies all the time, but our immune system is designed to fight and kill these cells. The difference between someone with cancer and someone without is their internal environment.
So how do we make our bodies a place cancer can’t survive?
Chris’s tips to prevent and heal cancer:
- Make plans for the future – make plans to LIVE
- Exercise – move your body every day
- Laugh and sing – laughter and singing release endorphins and improve your immune system
- Eat LOTS of fruits and vegetables – the recommended amount is 10 servings (5 cups) every day
- Eat cancer-fighting foods – the most potent ones are vegetables from the allium (onions, leeks, garlic) and cruciferous (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage) family.
- Remove toxicity from your life – cleaning products, beauty products (even toxic people).
- Love yourself and people around you.
Now it’s time to take our health into our own hands. Chris’s book Chris Beat Cancer: A Comprehensive Plan for Healing Naturally, is a great place to start. It covers the pitfalls of the cancer industry and offers strategies you can start implementing right now to prevent cancer from affecting your future. We can’t recommend it enough – if you’re serious about cancer prevention, this book is for you. And if you’re looking for inspiration, Chris’s podcast showcases people who have healed cancer naturally. Check it out!
What you’ll learn in Episode 236:
- How Chris healed his cancer
- Why doctors do NOT know best
- The most shocking cancer statistic NO ONE ever talks about
- The theory of the war on cancer
- Why you don’t fight cancer, you heal it
- How your immune system kills cancer cells
- The massive lie about cancer treatment and quality of life
- How doctors use fear to manipulate cancer patients
- Why your genes do not cause cancer
- Does making plans help heal cancer?
- How to create an environment that kicks cancer’s butt
Our favorite moments:
@11:55 How clueless can we be?
@19:01 Carrots can’t kill you
@33:21 More crazy stuff folks have never heard
@56:05 The big take away is….
@1:08:20 You’re not a victim of disease
Available anywhere you listen to podcasts!
And so many more!