Nearly 60 percent of women aged 18 to 35 have experienced abuse in their relationships and 24 percent of women in abusive relationships have not told anyone they’re being harmed. These types of toxic relationships take a rigorous toll on our health; often causing PTSD & depression and can become extremely dangerous.
In today’s episode we tell the story of survivor and brave soul Rosie Aiello, the abuse she endured, and how she eventually made “the great escape.”
Rosie moved to the Middle East to be with her new husband. On the outside, they had the perfect marriage, but the warning signs were there from the honeymoon.
Isolated, without a support system, emotionally, physically and financially abused, Rosie spent most of her marriage not realizing she was in an abusive relationship; she just thought she wasn’t good enough.
But the second she realized her daughter was also being controlled, she set about orchestrating the escape of their lives. Their bid to freedom worked, and they’ve been back in the US since 2009. Her book 11 Hours to Freedom describes her epic journey from the prison of her marriage to being free and living a joyful life.
It wasn’t an easy ride. She came back in the middle of the recession, and finding a job was tough. Rosie didn’t let that stop her: she started her own business. She’s now an international award-winning entrepreneur, a best-selling author, and a coach for women seeking to escape their abusive relationships and break through into the life they deserve.
Rosie and her daughter are on a global mission to save a million women and children from domestic violence. Because when women are free from the shackles of abuse, they can really thrive. Join their bid for a kinder word through the Love is Kind Movement.
Rosie has created a women empowerment program called the Freedom Fulfilment Formula to help women care for themselves, reclaim their voice, step up, and create they life they dream of. Go to Rosie’s website for your free gift!
How do you know if you are in an abusive relationship?
The undeniable warning signs:
- Is he always blaming you for everything?
- Is he controlling the money in any shape or form?
- Is he making excuses for you not to see your friends or family
- Is he insulting family and friends
- Is he making it difficult for you to get out of the house?
- Look at the patterns – is your partner consistently blaming you? Are they unwilling to listen to your side? Can you resolve conflicts in a mature way?
- Any physical abuse.
If you’re worried you might be in an abusive relationship, you can reach out to Rosie by emailing email@example.com.
What you’ll learn in Episode 194:
- How to stop feeling like a fraud
- The film-worthy way Rosie outsmarted her husband and set herself free
- The unexpected link between charm and sociopaths
- How to turn trauma into your biggest strength
- How to escape a toxic relationship
- The difference between an abusive relationship and a toxic relationship
- The red flags to look out for
- The difference between a normal fight and a danger sign
Our favorite moments:
@9:20 Limiting beliefs on steroids!
@16:49 OMG this is my life!
@21:30 They should make a movie about your life!
@31:05 Why Rosie became an entrepreneur (the answer will surprise you!)
The Verbally Abusive Relationship, by Patricia Evans
RISE & BLOOM MASTERMIND, April 20th and 21st
And if you’ve ever dreamed of starting a wellness business, today is your lucky day: stop day dreaming and start doing! We’ve got 8 spots on our Rise and Bloom Mastermind in Los Angeles. This is a 2-day high vibe mastermind for wellness entrepreneurs to create the life you’ve been dreaming of. It’ll be an intimate group setting where you will get a chance to set goals and get your business to the next level. We’ll go through:
- Content creation
- Video production
- Podcast production
- Marketing and monetization strategies
- Passive income streams
- How to sell – whether you’ve got a physical product or a digital product
- Social media strategies… and MORE!
- A lunch & learn with amazing vegan chef Leslie Durso
- This workshop will be tailored to you. Whatever you want or need to learn, that’s what we’ll focus on.
And on Day 2, we’re going to glam it up and head to the Humane Society Gala. Walk the red carpet, eat delicious vegan food, and get emotional over the amazing work animal activists are doing right now. And you’ll get to meet celebrities! This is a great opportunity to network with influencers and spend time with beautiful like-minded people—because it’s all about who you know.
Being hailed as “Sex and the City for Food,” The Food Heals Podcast brings together experts in the field of nutrition, health and healing to teach you the best-kept natural secrets to being a hotter, healthier, happier YOU!
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy – two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues including the healing power of nutrition, living authentically, turning your passion into your career, choosing the best natural health and beauty products, the benefits of a plant-based diet and so much more!