Did you know that 75% of your immune system is in your gut? Or that 95% of your serotonin is produced in your intestines? Little wonder that it’s sometimes called your “second brain!” Listen now!
According to Dr. Axe, there are four R’s to healing the gut:
Remove—foods and triggers that upset your gut
- Unnecessary medication
- Environmental toxins – remove non-organic foods, fast foods, unhealthy foods, GMO foods
- Trigger foods – caffeine, gluten, dairy, refined sugar
Replace—trigger foods with healing foods
- Fermented veggies – sauerkraut and kimchi
- Green juice
- Organic nutrient rich fruits and veggies
- Digestive enzymes
- L-Glutamine acid
- Liquorice root
- Probiotics (the good bacteria in your gut)
- Prebiotics (what feeds the good bacteria in your gut)
It was Hippocrates that first said “All disease begins in the gut.” And he was right. Therefore, healing needs to begin in the gut. As you get started on your journey to health, this is the first place you need to focus some loving attention. We reached out to two of our favorite health and wellness experts, JJ Flizanes and Evita Ramparte, to talk all things digestion! Listen now!
Digestion is everything. It’s our fuel source. Everything we put in our mouths gets broken down in the body and either gets used up as energy, gets turned into cells, or gets eliminated. The quality and variety of what we choose to eat determines how well our bodies functions. But modern diets are packed with allergens (GMOs, glyphosate-sprayed wheat, chemical additives, gluten, dairy, pesticides, etc.) that the gut cannot process. The result? Inflammation, depression, chronic disease.
One of the most common digestive problems is leaky gut. The gut wall is lined with villi—these are tiny finger-like structures that filter out food particles, absorbing the good stuff and keeping other stuff out. But when we eat foods that our bodies struggles to break down, it becomes wedged in the gut lining. Over time this creates micro tears in the intestine, which means undigested food particles, that are supposed to be contained within the gut wall, escape into the bloodstream. This triggers an immune response: the body attempts to protect itself from what it considers a foreign invader by sending white blood cells to attack. The result? Inflammation. And the more we keep eating foods we can’t digest, the more tears appear, the more inflammation we experience, and the more our health deteriorates. The first thing to do if you want to heal your gut is a 2 to 4 week elimination diet. JJ teaches the best way to do this in her 5-month Invisible Fitness transformational program.
Symptoms of poor digestion:
- Skin irritation – eczema, rashes, etc.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excess mucus (throat and nose)
- Are you pooping right? Check out the Bristol Stool Chart!
But more than just diet, our emotions are heavily involved in gut health. In fact, how we digest food is linked to how we digest life. When our emotions are blocked, they’re usually blocked in the gut. If you have a digestive issue that no supplementation is fixing, it could be an emotional issue. If you’re sad or stressed or holding on to anger, your gut responds to that.
Goddess of Wellness and Tigress of Business, Evita Ramparte shares her secrets to healing your gut through juice cleansing. Evita healed her ovarian cancer and lost 50 pounds in just a few months thanks to detoxing, a raw vegan diet, and transforming her emotions. You can listen to her incredible healing story in Episode 57.
What you’ll learn in Episode 171:
- Why to take digestive enzymes with cooked food
- How many probiotics to take daily
- What you’ll experience during a colonic
- Why you need to do more than just eliminate trigger foods
- The difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance
- The most effective test for finding out what your food sensitivities are
- How to easily figure out your main food intolerance
- How to take care of your good bacteria
- How long it takes to shift your blood from acidic to alkaline
- How our gut bacteria make us crave unhealthy foods
- How to prepare your body for a juice cleanse
- How coffee can purify your blood (but not by drinking…)
- A natural cure for yeast infections
- One tip that will ensure you’re not hungry during your juice cleanse
- How fasting heals
Our favorite moments:
@17:59 It’s not just about the food
@30:01 What is moderation?
@33:20 Gluten bloat
@40:20 Microscopic species extinction
@49:40 It’s life changing!
@55:52 The healing power of coffee
@1:03:10 Eat like a monkey!
And if you’re ready to transform your life, then there are only 4 days (and a handful of places) left to enroll in JJ’s 5 Month Transformational Program. You’ll learn the tricks to holistically heal your relationship with yourself and transform your mind, body and soul. When you join, you’ll discover:
- JJ’s proven formula for total wellness
- Trigger foods to avoid
- Foods that support your energy
- How to break free of addictive behaviors
- The one thing your exercise routine must include
- Strategies to increase your metabolism
- How to slow down the aging process naturally
- And more….
Sign up by September 30th to receive:
- 5 months’ accountability and community via the Invisible Fitness Academy
- 5 one-on-one coaching calls with JJ herself
- A copy of The Invisible Fitness Formula
- A copy of Fit 2 Love
- You’ll be able to repeat the entire program at least 2 to 3 times
- A copy of our Vitality Cleanse e-book to make your juice cleansing super easy
- 5 months’ access to the Food Heals Nation VIP Club
Being hailed as “Sex and the City for Food,” The Food Heals Podcast brings together experts in the field of nutrition, health and healing to teach you the best-kept natural secrets to being a hotter, healthier, happier YOU!
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy – two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues including the healing power of nutrition, living authentically, turning your passion into your career, choosing the best natural health and beauty products, the benefits of a plant-based diet and so much more!