Welcome to our Tuesday Q&A! Before we get to the questions, we want to share our favorite tips for becoming healthier, happier, AND hotter. Listen now!
- Do something you love every single day: Dancing, singing, painting, spending time with loved ones, cooking–whatever your passion, carve out time in your day to experience something that brings you joy. Even devoting just five minutes to your passions will leave you feeling more uplifted all day and that joy will extend into all areas of your life.
- Choose Happiness. Happiness doesn’t come from external things (new car, promotion, marriage, baby, etc.) it comes from within. Your happiness is a choice. And the way into that happiness is gratitude. Check out the book Believing in Myself by Earnie Larsen.
- Eat high vibe energizing food. No, we’re not talking about caffeine. 😉 Most of us are stuck in a junk-food cycle. We eat foods that make us feel sluggish. We opt for sugar and coffee to perk ourselves up, which only leaves us feeling more tired. Break the cycle and focus on high vibe energizing foods instead. Think: a banana with a spoonful of nut butter, veggies dipped in tahini dressing, avocado and aminos, fruit or vegetable smoothies, raw soups, green powders, maca, chia seeds, cacao….
- Forgive and be grateful. If you hold onto anger or judgement against another person, or yourself, it only hurts you. Holding onto anger is like holding a hot coal. If you want to be free and experience true happiness, you must forgive and release that negative emotion. You can choose to be a loving human being to yourself and to others. The way to get there is through gratitude.
Now let’s dig into this week’s questions!
Question 1: What’s the best way to tone and lift a saggy butt?
We reached out to Ella Magers for her secrets to a toned and tight booty. There is no one-size-fits-all perfect butt: a sexy booty is the healthiest fittest version of your own. To achieve that, you’re going to need to clean up your diet and do some targeted exercises. Squats and lunges are your best friends. Depending on your specific goals, you’ll either need to do more reps (to tone up) or add some weights (to build and firm). If you want an awesome work out for your booty, then check out the Brazil Butt Lift Workout!
Question 2: What are your thoughts on plant milks and which do you recommend?
To answer this question in depth we asked Eco Vegan Gal Whitney Lauritsen, our go-to-girl for the latest in vegan research and taste-testing. We love plant milks and have probably tried all of them, but here are some of our favs: Oatly oat milk (we’re a bit obsessed with this one, it’s super creamy!) and So Delicious coconut milk are perfect if you have a nut sensitivity because they’re nut free. If you don’t have an issue with nuts, then Milkadamia macadamia nut milk Califia Farms almond milk, Forager cashew milk, and Rice Dream rice milk are all delicious.
You can make milk from most nuts and grains (like quinoa, hazelnuts, flax seeds, hemp seeds, etc.) so experiment to find your favorite. Whatever brand you go for, make sure you check the ingredients—some brands are more processed than others.
Question 3: How flexible is JJ Flizane’s Invisible Fitness Course and what’s included?
JJ’s five-month transformation course, Invisible Fitness, is a self-paced online program. When you sign up, you decide when you want to start. You get a 30-minute coaching call with JJ every month where you can get support with whatever you need. These coaching calls can be grouped together to fit your unique needs. You also get personal attention from JJ via her Invisible Fitness Academy, where you’ll find a supportive community and accountability partners. The course is flexible and customizable! You can get in touch with JJ at email@example.com for more information.
If you want to reach your fitness and wellness goals, and be the healthiest, happiest and hottest version of yourself, then JJ’s course is perfect for you—but hurry because there are only 2 weeks left to enroll! Click here to get all the details about the course, plus fabulous bonuses!
Natural Tooth Powder Recipe
The most important thing you can do for your teeth and mouth is to move away from conventional toothpaste brands, as they contain ingredients that are known to disrupt hormones and irritate gums. Instead, make your own mouth-and-tooth-friendly natural products. This is Suzy’s new and improved tooth powder recipe:
- 1/2 cup baking soda (neutralizes the acids in your mouth, makes your mouth alkaline, which means bacteria can’t grow there)
- 3 tbsp calcium carbonate powder (for healing receding gums)
- 1/8 cup Himalayan salt, milled very fine (for tightening gums)
- 10-20 drops therapeutic grade essential oil (peppermint, spearmint, lemon, clove, you can blend these to suit you)
- You can also add 1 tbsp dried herbs like mint, sage, parsley, lavender – get experimental and add an earthy vibe to your toothpaste!
- For a little sweetness, add Xylitol, which is antimicrobial and great for your teeth
If you have gum recession, get some comfrey root, make tea from it, and use it as a mouthwash—it will help regrow your gums. You can also get calcium ascorbate powder, which is vitamin C buffered with calcium. A little bit applied to your gums will bring them back to health. If you don’t have time to make your own natural toothpaste, try Ecodent.
What you’ll learn in episode 170:
- Simple and effective ways to improve your mood right now
- Why squats and lunges are essential
- The most significant way to increase happiness
- The healthiest and tastiest plant-milk
- Seriously, the most delicious vegan ice-cream and vegan cheese (this stuff will blow your mind)
- Why a “natural” label is useless
- How to make your own cashew milk (you’ll be amazed how easy it is)
- The easy-to-miss ingredient you MUST avoid in vegan foods
- Why RIGHT NOW is the perfect time to start your journey to health
- How to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way
- How to vibrate at the highest frequency
- The healthiest human emotion
Our favorite moments:
@2:24 Busting moves in the bedroom
@7:59 What’s a sexy booty?
@15:52 Your happiness is a choice
@53:33 Why you need to know about the Universal reset button
@1:11:43 Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong
@1:14:00 What’s the secret?
Being hailed as “Sex and the City for Food,” The Food Heals Podcast brings together experts in the field of nutrition, health and healing to teach you the best-kept natural secrets to being a hotter, healthier, happier YOU!
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy – two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues including the healing power of nutrition, living authentically, turning your passion into your career, choosing the best natural health and beauty products, the benefits of a plant-based diet and so much more!