At just 27 years old, Isabelle Shuman received a diagnosis that changed her life forever: Multiple Sclerosis. She was told to get ready for a wheelchair, and given long list of pharmaceuticals with an even longer list of side effects. But she’s a tough chick, and had experienced the benefits of holistic healing at a young age, when acupuncture had healed her migraines. She knew there was another way. She chose to embark on a different path: a holistic path towards health.
Isabelle left New York and its stressed-out party scene, and came to LA where she studied yoga, meditation, and acupuncture. She feels that she is here to help others heal, and each of her patients has had symptoms Isabelle herself has experienced throughout her life. Listen now!
Auto immune diseases are not curable. They lie dormant, and can flare up at various stages, depending what’s going on in your life. But if you are at peace with the fact it’s going to be up and own, and create healing protocols for those moments, you’re not shaken to the core when it happens, you can deal with it.
Healing your body, whatever the issue, is first and foremost about the mind. Isabelle stopped saying “I have MS” and replaced it with “I was diagnosed with MS.” Because what we say to ourselves reflects in our health and in our whole life. Focus on what you want to create. You can manifest anything you desire, as long as you fully believe in it.
Using a combination of functional medicine, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, and kundalini, Isabelle was able to heal her multiple sclerosis and is now healthy and thriving. She’s on a mission to help others throw off disease and enjoy vibrant health.
Isabelle’s tips for thriving health:
- It all begins with the mind: find a meditation that works for you and quietens your mind. It might be running, dancing, yoga, sitting cross legged, making pottery… be conscious of negative thinking and move out of that pattern.
- Hold yourself accountable, no matter your goal.
- Don’t beat yourself up; honor yourself.
- Eat food mindfully and slowly; enjoy it.
- Remember that doctors and naturopaths don’t have all the answers. What’s your truth? Be your own health advocate, do your research, and if it doesn’t feel right get another opinion.
What you’ll learn:
- What causes MS and Hashimoto’s
- How to speak about your disease so that it doesn’t own you
- How kundalini helps cope with MS symptoms
- How to manifest love into your life
- The one thing that changed Isabelle’s perspective on autoimmune disease
- Why planning and protocol is essential for coping with autoimmune disease
- A natural alternative to botox
- Why bitter herbs are healthful
- How Chinese medicine treats disease
- How long it takes to feel a difference with supplements
- Why not all gluten is the same
- How to find a balance in healthy eating
- Why you need to take out your IUD and avoid the birth control pills
Our favorite moments:
@9:04 I’m not putting that sh*t in my body!
@17:32 Get the love going on!
@27:42 Acupuncture facelift!
@40:16 Our health is in our hands
@42:31 The food revolution
@59:29 Four words that changed Isabelle’s life
323 515 2212 – get your acupuncture on!
Power vs Force by David Hawkins
French women Don’t Get Fat by Mirelle Guiliano
The Fifth Agreement by Don Miguel Ruiz and Don Jose Ruiz
Being hailed as “Sex and the City for Food,” The Food Heals Podcast brings together experts in the field of nutrition, health and healing to teach you the best-kept natural secrets to being a hotter, healthier, happier YOU!
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy – two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues including the healing power of nutrition, living authentically, turning your passion into your career, choosing the best natural health and beauty products, the benefits of a plant-based diet and so much more!