In 2012, JJ Virgin was in a hospital room next to her sixteen-year-old son who was struck by a hit-and-run driver and left for dead. She was told by doctors that he wouldn’t last through the night and to let him go.
With every reason to give up, JJ chose instead to invest her energy into the hope that her son would not just survive, but thrive.
In the latest episode of Food Heals, she shares the journey of overcoming the worst moment of her life.
It’s a story of western medicine and holistic healing modalities working together to heal a young man and a mom that wouldn’t take no for an answer.
During this difficult time, JJ learned valuable personal lessons that helped her rebuild her life and find success and purpose in herself, her work, and teach her sons and community how to face their own obstacles and trials.
JJ believes that inside every mother is a fierce, resilient, intuitive woman who has the ability to tap into an indomitable mindset and create heroic outcomes—for her children, her family, her community and for herself—she is a Warrior Mom!
ABOUT JJ VIRGIN:
Triple-board certified nutrition expert and Fitness Hall of Famer JJ Virgin is a passionate advocate of eating and exercising smarter. JJ and her team help people stay fired up and healthy as they age, so they feel the best they ever have at age 40+.
JJ is a prominent TV and media personality, whose previous features include co-host of TLC’s Freaky Eaters, 2 years as the on-camera nutritionist for Weight Loss Challenges on Dr. Phil, and appearances on PBS, Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, and more.
Access Hollywood, and the TODAY Show. She also speaks regularly and has shared the stage with notables including Seth Godin, Lisa Nichols, Gary Vaynerchuk, Mark Hyman, Dan Buettner, and Mary Morrissey.
JJ is the author of four NY Times bestsellers: The Virgin Diet, The Virgin Diet Cookbook, JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet, and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook. Her latest book, Warrior Mom: 7 Secrets to Bold, Brave Resilience, shows caregivers everywhere how to be strong, positive leaders for their families, while exploring the inspirational lessons JJ learned as she fought for her own son’s life.
JJ hosts the popular Reignite Wellness podcast, with over 5.5 million downloads and counting. She also regularly writes for Rodale Wellness, Mind Body Green, and other major blogs and magazines.
Visit JJvirgin.com for hundreds of free recipes and resources, plus state-of-the-art programs, products, and plenty of support to help you build your dream life.
Daily Harvest makes it easy to eat well. They deliver healthy chef crafted food right to my door. Like smoothies, soups, harvest bowls with fresh veggies, oatmeal bowls, chia bowls lattes and more! And everything can be prepared in 5 minutes or less! Yes, please!
- Daily Harvest is something that you can enjoy year-round as a quick solution to get the fruits and vegetables you need every day!
- Daily Harvest works directly with farmers to harvest organic fruits and vegetables at their peak and freezes them within 24 hours to lock in their nutrients. Everything stays fresh until you’re ready to enjoy it!
- Choose from more than 65 different options like, smoothies, hearty soups, harvest bowls, and overnight oats.
- Each recipe takes one step to prepare, with room to make them your own. Add your favorite milk to blend up a smoothie or heat up a Harvest Bowl and top it with avocado!
- Whether you’re at home, at your desk, or on the go, Daily Harvest is the easiest way to have a delicious and nutritious meal or snack!
Go to DailyHarvest.com and enter promo code FOODHEALS to get $25 off your first box of goodness!
- Do you wake up most days knowing there is something greater out there for you?
- Do you feel you are meant to do more, be more, and create more in this life?
- Do you have a message and a mission to share with the world?
- Are you sick of building somebody else’s dreams and ready to build your own?
- What if your impact in the world was greater than you ever dreamed was possible?
It’s a brand new decade! Will you spend it dreaming or doing? Let’s rise and bloom together!