Could toxic mold be affecting your health? Mold is a tricky thing. It’s affected people since the dawn of time – yet conventional medicine rarely addresses it.
But make no mistake: it is a serious issue. Mold produces mycotoxins that can drive up estrogen levels, overburden the body with toxicity and elevate inflammation – so if you’re sensitive to mold (25% of people have the gene that make them sensitive) other symptoms will appear, like frequent illness, excess allergies, exhaustion, hormonal issues, and more.
In this episode, I share the story of discovering toxic black mold in the vents of every room in my house, getting mold toxicity poisoning after an HVAC worker left the vent covers off – exposing me to more toxic mold, and mold spores – and what I am doing about it.
Then, I am speaking with Jenn Malecha who has her own harrowing mold toxicity story – and it is a must-listen!
Jenn Malecha had a pretty healthy up-bringing – garden, vegetables, an active lifestyle. But when she got to college, the long hours and stress caused by studying and working crazy hours caused her health to decline. Then, at just 25 (and having never been a sun-worshipper), Jenn was diagnosed with skin cancer…
She knew it had to be caused by her environment and lifestyle. Functional tests revealed that she had high oxidative stress, a clogged-up liver, and adrenal dysfunction. So she tackled all those things, and felt like herself again…until five years later. She began gaining weight, her periods were all over the place, she had candida overgrowth and inflamed breasts. She went to experts, who were unable to tell her what was going on.
One day later on she opened the cupboard near her work desk, and guess what? Black mold everywhere. The Toxic mold had been what devastated her health. Having understood what was causing these issues, she began rebalancing her health. She became the boss of her health instead of relying on doctors. She now empowers others to have that same connection with their body.
Screen for Mold at Home:
- Visual contrast screening – You can take the test for just $15
- Even if you pass this test, take an at home microscopy mold test by Citrisafe. This is a small Petri dish that collects mold spores. Once sent to the lab, researchers will analyze the type of mold present in your home.
- The other test is called an ERMI test and is available from Mycometrics . This is a cloth with which you dust surfaces around your house. The cloth is then analyzed for mold – this test can be good to do because, unlike the microscopy test, it doesn’t depend on the mold spores being alive.
Getting Rid of Mold:
- Hire professionals to remove and remediate the mold (really important!)
- Clean air ducts and HVAC system.
- Buy anti-mold solution Bio-Balance. This is a natural toxin-free solution to remove mold from your home.
- Get rid of mold on your carpet and your pets – products available at www.citrisafe.com.
- After 30 days, retest your home for mold.
- Get some functional tests done – if you’re sensitive to mold, it will trigger a chronic inflammatory response.
Detox Your Body and Feed Yourself Right:
- Biotoxins can make the body hyperreactive to wheat. So avoiding gluten is essential.
- Eat more natural detoxifying foods like beets, dandelion tea, grapefruit, lemon.
- Keep an anti-inflammatory diet – remove grains, dairy, soy, sugar, and processed foods from your diet.
- Run a food sensitivity test to find out which foods to stay away from.
- Check your personal care products – do they contain allergens like oats or almonds?
- Start a food journal– this will help you identify what triggers your symptoms.
- Listen to your body – tune in and see what the body is telling you rather than just trying to follow protocols.
- Think yourself healthy – mindset and health are absolutely linked.
- Make time to switch off and relax.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Who else wants free Vitamin D for a year? Say goodbye to piles of pills and countless powders. One daily serving of AG1 delivers a potent blend of 9 health products—a multivitamin, minerals, probiotics, adaptogens and more. It’s the comprehensive, foundational nutrition you need with the convenience your life demands.
Go to AthleticGreens.com/foodheals to get your FREE One Year Supply of Vitamin D3+K2, 5 Travel Packs using the code foodheals.
A Proven, Potent and Effective Spore Probiotic to Help You Be Your Healthier You. Guarantees survivability through the stomach & upper digestive system. Just Thrive’s breakthrough, award-winning probiotic contains the proprietary strain, Bacillus Indicus HU36®, which produces antioxidants directly in the digestive system where they can be best absorbed by your body.
Go to Justhrivehealth.com, use the coupon code foodheals15, get 15% off your first order.
Leave a Reply