So you’re probably wondering, “Hypnobirthing? What’s that?”
It is a natural birthing technique without any medication, that uses self-hypnosis techniques to combat fear and pain during labor. The benefits?
- You’re not screaming in agony (like the typical birthing scene in films!).
- You’re not linked up to all those bleeping machines in a brightly lit room with doctors and nurses running around you.
- You’re not pumped full of painkiller meds (and birthing can still be a connective, intensely powerful female experience).
That’s why more and more women are opting out of the traditional hospital birth, and going for natural hypnobirthing instead. Like today’s co-host Laura Petersen (which you know from some of our previous episodes). Laura is a best-selling author and self-publishing coach – and she’s expecting her first child! She’s opted for a natural hospital birth using the Mongan Method.
Melissa Tucker, podcast host and marketing expert, has one of the most intriguing birth stories we’ve ever heard. After having two children the traditional, hospitalized, way, she was inspired to go natural. For her third child, she chose home hypnobirthing. Without epidurals, without drugs, and without doctors, she used self-hypnosis to keep herself calm, focused and centered.
Katherine Maslen is a clinical naturopath, nutritionist, author, and host of the Shift podcast. And she too has an amazing natural birth story. But you’ll have to listen to the episode for those details 😉!
Here are the best resources if you want to research alternatives to hospital childbirth:
- Watch the Business of Being Born documentary
- The Birth Education Centre in San Diego
- The Mongan Method
- Research your doctor and your hospital (some have higher rates of c-sections than others)
- Listen to Katherine’s podcast The Shift.
You can connect with Melissa via her website www.MelissaSueTucker.com. You can connect with Laura via Instagram @LaptopLaura or her website www.copythatpops.com. And you can connect with Katherine via her website https://www.theshiftclinic.com/ or https://katherinemaslen.com/
Is there something interfering with your happiness or preventing you from achieving your goals?
Betterhelp will assess your needs and match you to affordable online private counseling with a licensed professional therapist.
This isn’t a crisis line (or self-help) but professional counseling that’s done securely online.
Some of the other benefits of Betterhelp?
- The service is available for clients worldwide.
- You can login to your account anytime and send a message to your counselor
- You can go from sign up to first session in under 24 hours
We encourage you to visit betterhelp.com/foodheals and join the over 500,000(!) people talking charge of their mental health with professional help from anywhere with an internet conneciton. You’ll get 10% off your first month by following the link.
This is a skincare line that we’re totally obsessed with right now! Why? Because they put your health AND the health of the planet first. This Malibu-based group provides you with potent skin and body care solutions like:
- The Vitamin C Probiotic Face Polish
- Brightening Serum
- Ocean Cleansing Mud (Olivia Wilde swears by it ☺)
Each one is pure, safe and effective. Plus it gives you the wellness properties of earth’s natural elements. Their products are infused with sustainably-sourced, organic patagonian seaweed and active botanicals that create a mineral-rich and nutrient-rich bio-available base.
In other words? Every Osea product is easily absorbable by your skin and targets any signs of aging or imperfections.
Good news for you – just use “foodheals” at checkout for $10 off your first purchase of $50. Start your Osea journey now at www.oseamalibu,com.
What you’ll learn in Episode 277:
- The power of affirmations
- What’s the difference between pain and child-birth?
- How to breathe your baby out
- The problem with epidurals
- How to boost your microbiome and your baby’s
- How inducing drugs can inhibit your natural birthing process
- Why c-sections can damage your baby’s immune system
- How to distract your brain from your pain
- The best position for child-birth
- What are the benefits of water birthing?
- Who to allow in your birthing circle
- The three main options for childbirth
Our favorite moments:
@5:36 You feel like a bad bitch
@40:16 You hypnotized the whole family?
@45:45 You’re superwoman
Available anywhere you listen to podcasts!
And so many more!